The following foods are consistent with the Wellness Council’snutrition standards. The foods will be served after lunch.
- bread sticks or pretzels w/ mustard or other dips
- open face sandwiches using cut vegetables to make faces or other designs, students can build these themselves in class.
- baked pita chips or bread w/ hummus (prefer whole grain)
- baked tortilla chips with salsa
- popcorn (without flavor)
- homemade pizza bagels
- baked apple ring with cinnamon
- 100% frozen fruit bars, homemade or purchased
- homemade banana, carrot or zucchini muffins
- yogurt and fruit parfait, students could build these in class
- fruit cobblers
- graham crackers
- Whole grains and fresh fruits and vegetables are great options.
- When buying packaged food, look at the ingredients and try to
- Hydrogenated oils
- High fructose corn syrup
- Artificial color and flavor
- Celebrate with non-food treats such as pencils, note pads, or play games